Friday, October 21, 2011

Our family is growing!!

So once we found out we were pregnant we were super thrilled and called the doctor's office to set up our first appt. Then the era of vomiting began. Finally we got to the doctor at 10 weeks and he decided he would try to find a heart beat using a doplar. He searched and searched for quite a while but didn't find anything. He said the chances of hearing a heartbeat were low but he thought he would give it a shot anyway. We went back two weeks later and he tried again but could still not pick up a heart beat. Needless to say we were a bit concerned at this point. Our doctor was too and set up an ultrasound appt at the hospital right away. After waiting in the waiting room for quite a while we finally got in and had an ultrasound. The tech couldn't find a heartbeat at first or see the baby, but finally he found it. He turned up the volume so we could hear it beating away and we were so relieved to see it's little appendages moving around. I especially like the picture in which baby looks like it's playing pee-a-boo. We've got a jokester for sure!! And although Karen puked into . . . onto the floor of my 4runner on the way home she was thrilled as well. We feel so blessed to have a healthy child up to this point. We also found out the exact due date is April 30th. Thought you'd like that Juice! :) We will be finding out the gender just before Christmas!
As far as the rest of life goes we are keeping busy with Karen still working full-time hours at the hospital and puking part time anywhere! I'm still working at Seastrom Manufacturing engraving all sorts of stuff and assembling fit bikes. A month ago I cut down my class load to just two classes. Full-time plus full-time was just too much to handle for me at this time. I'm loving the projects I'm working on in my classes and becoming more familiar with the CAD (computer automated design) programs I'm using. We are being greatly blessed by the Lord. We love you all and pray for your welfare.


No comments: